Envelope Pillow Cover using Crafter’s Companion Country Cottage Roll Strip
13 x 14 inch of Black Material for the front
14 x 14 inch of Black Material for the back
Crafter’s Companion Country Cottage Strip roll
1. Take the strip roll and fold in half and iron
2. Take each of the strips and cut to 13 inches in width then sew to the 13 x 14 black front. You can leave as much space between as you like just make sure you sew each one the same.
3. When finished sewing the strips on the front even up the 13 x 14 square.
4. Take the back of the black fabric and cut to to 9×14 and the other 5×14.
5. Take the 9×14 and fold one end 1/4 iron and then fold another 1/4 and iron, then you will sew.
6. Take the 5×14 and do the same as in step 5. This will keep the opening from fraying.
7. Now you will have a 13 x 14 front and an 8.50 x 14 back and another 4.50 x 14 back.
8. With right side together lay on top an sew completely around the square to close on all sides. This will leave an opening in the middle for turning.
9. When turning make sure you push the corner completely out, if you need you can cut the corners for less bulk.
10. If you like you can add some embellishments to the pillow. If you are sewing embellishments on you may want to do this before putting the square together.
11. Add your pillow.